Shocking Cases from Dr. Henry Lee's Forensic Files
Dr. Henry C. Lee is highly regarded throughout the law-enforcement community as one of the most talented and experienced forensic scientists in the world. He has also received widespread public recognition and media attention through his association with sensational criminal investigations, including the JFK assassination, the suicide of White House counsel Vincent Foster, the Chandra Levy homicide, the O.J. Simpson and JonBenet Ramsey cases, and, most recently, the Caylee Anthony case. In this new book, Dr. Lee and critically acclaimed mystery writer Jerry Labriola, MD, team up again to present another true-crime page-turner on five notorious incidents:
• The Phil Spector case: Legendary music mogul Phil Spector was charged with murder in the death of actress Lana Clarkson, found slain in his mansion. But has Dr. Lee produced forensic evidence suggesting her death was a suicide?
• The Brown’s Chicken massacre: The savage murder of helpless employees of a restaurant in Palatine, Illinois, was left unsolved for over a decade until the painstaking forensic skills of Task Force and Dr. Lee eventually identified the killers.
• Murder in the Sacristy: The brutal murder of a nun in a Toledo, Ohio, church had bizarre ritualistic overtones and remained unsolved until a priest was prosecuted twenty-six years later—the same priest who had conducted the nun’s funeral service! Dr. Lee testified at the trial of the priest and here he demonstrates how the perseverance of law enforcement officials and forensic scientists eventually solved the crime.
• The shooting of a Connecticut state trooper and the shooting death of a fourteen-year-old young man: Dr. Lee discusses the dual hazards of police work—being killed or injured in the line of duty and the accidental killing of innocent victims or suspects. In Hartford, while racial tensions threatened to spin out of control, Dr. Lee reconstructed the shooting of a young African American by a police officer. His diligent work defused hostilities that nearly led to a riot.
• Genocide in Bosnia-Herzegovina: Dr. Lee discusses his role in the excavation and, in some cases, the identification
of hundreds of bodies in the former Yugoslavia. The evidence he uncovered was later used to build a case against suspects indicted by the International War Crimes Tribunal.
Combining fascinating details of forensic science with a vivid narrative, Shocking Cases from Dr. Henry Lee’s Forensic Files is must reading for true-crime readers and forensic science lovers.
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - bookswoman - LibraryThing
I like Dr. Lee and his work but this book wasn't as interesting as some of his earlier ones, mostly because these were such lengthy cases and a lot of the details went right over my head. There were ... Read full review
Review: Shocking Cases from Dr. Henry Lee's Forensic FilesUser Review - Stephanie - Goodreads
Not the best I've ever read on the cases of a medical examiner, but not the worst ever. Some of the things I appreciated about this book is that it covered some American cases which I haven't read ... Read full review
Browns Chicken Massacre
Murder in the Sacristy
4 other sections not shown