Romeo and Juliet
The Sourcebooks Shakespeare brings the Shakespeare page to life. This remarkable edition of Romeo & Juliet is both the easiest way to understand the play and the best way to experience the full power and depth of the play.
This dynamic book includes an integrated audio CD that showcases key scenes from great performances past and present. You'll experience the play like never before-it's the next best thing to seeing the play performed live.
Each book offers:
* The full play, with line notes and a concurrent glossary
* Scholars and theatre producers discussing the play and popular culture
* Comments from every cast member of a current production.
This is also a very visual text, including:
* Photographs from great performances
* Costume designs and set renderings from different productions
* Production notes that take you inside the stage experience
Exclusive to The Sourcebooks Shakespeare and like no other edition of Romeo & Juliet, our audio CD and unique focus on the play as performed on the stage and on film brings the play to life.
* Ellen Terry from 1911
* The Renaissance Theatre production with Kenneth Branagh, Sir Jon Gielgud and Dame Judi Dench
* Modern scenes with Kate Beckinsale and Joseph Fiennes
* About the 1811 production in Covent Garden, London
* And see how the Chicago Shakespeare Theater's 2005 cast approaches the play
* Page facsimiles from the Garrick-Kemble text from the late 1700s
* Costume designs and set renderings from Sir John Gielgud's 1935 production
* Photographs from Romeo + Juliet directed by Baz Luhrmann
Narrated by: Sir Derek Jacobi
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: Romeo and JulietUser Review - Nicole - Goodreads
A classic story of love and sadness that reminds me, at least, how powerful love can be, even at such a young age. This is one of the stories that you always have to re-read to remind yourself about love and what you would do for it. Read full review
Review: Romeo and JulietUser Review - Jirrine - Goodreads
More reviews on I will not go very in depth in this review because so much has already been said. I am not an expert of 16th century literature and have nothing to compare it to so these are just so ... Read full review
In Covent Garden London in 1811
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Chicago Shakespeare Theaters 2005 Cast
1 other sections not shown