The new, 5th Edition of this "gold standard reference" continues to provide the most comprehensive coverage of all of the basic and clinical sciences in maternal-fetal medicine. From genetics and genetic testing...through fetal and placental growth and development...to fetal evaluation, this reference describes the diagnosis and management of every significant clinical entity involving the mother, the fetus, or both.
- Continues to offer unparalleled coverage of genetic disorders both the perinatal and neonatal period multiple gestation preterm and post-term delivery care of the high-risk neonate cerebral palsy in the infant anesthetic considerations in the complicated pregnancy and the screening and diagnosis of congenital disorders
- Covers hot topics such as statistical considerations in perinatal medicine screening and diagnosis of congenital
- disorders antenatal assessment of fetal status assessment and induction of fetal pulmonary maturity thrombophylic disorders and the management of depression and psychoses during pregnancy and the puerperium.
- Offers completely revised and updated coverage from cover to cover.
- Includes fresh perspectives from a wealth of new expert contributors and a new associate editor.