Catalogue of the Alumni, Officers and Fellows, 1807-1880 [College of Physicians and Surgeons]
College of Physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York, Columbia College (New York, N.Y.). College of Physicians and Surgeons
Bradstreet Press, 1880 - Medical colleges - 176 pages
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
A. A. Surg A.B. Died Albany April Asylum Attend'g Phys Attend'g Surg Augustus Bell Bellevue Hosp Benjamin Brooklyn Charity Hosp Charles City of N. Y. Clin Columbia Coll Conn Consult'g Phys Daniel David Dept Died in Brooklyn Died in N. Y. Diseases Dist Edward Eye and Ear Francis Frederick George Henry House Phys House Surg James Jersey City Joseph July June Kings LL.D Luke's Hosp M.D. Memb March Mass N. Y. Acad N. Y. Assist N. Y. City N. Y. Died N. Y. Disp N. Y. Eye N. Y. Hosp N. Y. Mem N. Y. Path N. Y. Phys N. Y. Soc N. Y. Vol Newark Northern Disp Obstet phthisis pulmonalis Pres Prof Richard Robert Rutgers Coll Samuel Sept Thomas tjames tJohn Trustee Union Coll V.-Pres Visit'g Phys William H Yale Coll York City
Page 8 - York, as their medical department, under the name of the College of Physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York.
Page 49 - By EDWARD C. SEGUIN, MD, Clinical Professor of Diseases of the Mind and Nervous System in the College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, etc. New York : GP Putnam's Sons.
Page 7 - ... academic honors, deserve more than a passing recognition. ELSWORTH ELIOT, JOHN SHRADY, AEM PURDY. HISTORICAL SKETCH OF THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK. THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS, NY City, was chartered March I2th, 1807, by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, pursuant to an Act of the Legislature, passed March 24, 1791. The officers were elected May 5, 1807, and the first course of lectures, commencing November 7th of the same year,...
Page 7 - ... opened for the reception of students in November, 1808. The Medical Department of Columbia College having been discontinued in November, 1813, the union of the two schools, as recommended by the Regents of the University as far back as April ist, 1811, was, at length, consummated March 7th, 1814, ' and a commodiously arranged brick building on the north side of Barclay Street, near Broadway, secured for the new organization. This alliance, however, proved to be of but short duration, since some...