The Territories of the People's Republic of China
A complete guide to the People's Republic of China.
This indispensable survey contains over 250 pages of well-researched, up-to-date, impartial data on the economy, geography and political situation to provide a complete picture of the area.
An introductory section contains invaluable background material on the country as a whole, including:
* Detailed essays on Economic Regionalism in the People's Republic of China and Governing China: Unity, Control, Decentralization and Global Integration
* A chronology of the country, from the period of the Zhou dynasty to the official campaign to impose stricter controls on the internet
* Statistics of major demographic and economic indicators
* Details of the national government.
Individual chapters on each of the provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities include:
* A map of the area, with geographical and historical information
* An economic survey presenting the latest available statistics on gross regional product, transport, agriculture, mining, industry, trade, foreign investment and employment
* A directory of the names and addresses of leading administrative and political officials.
The book has a full index, which includes a listing of alternative names for regions and capital cities.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.