Conneaut Lake Park

Front Cover
Arcadia Publishing, 2005 - History - 128 pages
0 Reviews
In 1877, a humble boat landing was constucted on Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania's largest natural lake. Colonel Frank Mantor, a visionary, discovered and purchased the property and convinced investors from the Pittsburgh, Shenango, and Lake Erie Railroad to extend the railroad line to a newly built resort on the site. In 1892, Exposition Park--a permanent fair exhibiting machinery and livestock--was founded. Amusement rides were

added alongside hotels, cottages, restaurants, and other businesses. The resort grew into an amusement park and was renamed Conneaut Lake Park in 1920. Conneaut Lake Park illustrates the evolution of this lakeside resort with images of long-gone attractions such as the Hotel Elmwood, Temple of Music, Jungle Cruise, Fairyland Forest, and Wild Mouse. Recent favorites such as the Blue Streak, Tumble Bug, Ultimate Trip, and Devil's Den are also included.
 

What people are saying - Write a review

We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.

Contents

Acknowledgments
6
19201943
41
19441973
61
19741992
97
1993 and After
117
Copyright

Other editions - View all

Common terms and phrases

About the author (2005)

Michael E. Costello, a member of the American Coaster Enthusiasts, has been visiting Conneaut Lake Park since the mid-1980s. He co-produced a documentary about the park in 2001 and has worked as a ride operator. In 2002, he took a turn as the park mascot, Connie Otter. Costello maintains a Web site called Mike's Historic Amusement Parks and designs the Conneaut Lake Park map.

Bibliographic information