- A comprehensive series designed to showcase particular features of a country.
- Provides maps, timelines, fast facts, charts, sidebars, and vivid four-color photographs that complement the text.
- Also includes a To Find Out More section.
Grades 5-8 Social Studies
- Explain how language, literature, the arts, architecture, traditions, beliefs, values, and behaviors contribute to the development and transmission of culture.
Time, Continuity, & Change: II
- Identify and use key concepts such as chronology, change, and conflict to explain and show connections among patterns of historical change and continuity.
People, Places, & Environments: III
- Elaborate mental maps of locales, regions, and the world that demonstrate understanding of relative location, direction, size, and shape.
9 pages matching Hadhramaut region in this book
Results 1-3 of 9
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Abdullah Saleh Africa Ahmad al-Aydarus al-Hajar Alsoswa animals Arabian Peninsula Arabian Sea Bab al-Mandab became Bedouin British buildings called camels celebrate century chew qat civil coast coastal plain coffee country's dance date palm desert eastern Yemen economic elected Empty Quarter famous farmers foreign governor grow Gulf of Aden Hadhramaut Hadhramaut region imams industry Islam island of Socotra jambiya jewelry Jews land Marib Mashreqi meal Mecca metric tons modern mosques mountains Muhammad Muslims National North northern Yemen PDRY People's Democratic Republic percent of Yemenis Poet poetry political popular population prayers President Ali Abdullah Queen Arwa Qur'an rainfall Ramadan Red Sea Republic of Yemen Saba saltah Sanaa Saudi Arabia Sheba Shi'i ship Socotra Solomon South Yemen southern Arabia Taizz Tihamah tourists traditional trees tribal Turks turtles villages Wadi Hadhramaut Yahya Yemen Arab Republic Yemen's government Yemeni women Yemenis live Zaydis