Street Smarts for Kids: What Parents Must Know to Keep Their Children Safe
GIVE YOUR KIDS THE KNOWLEDGE AND THE CONFIDENCE TO KEEP THEMSELVES SAFE
Child safety has never been more important to parents, yet today's overprotected, overprogrammed children may actually be more at risk than previous generations. That's why this new book is so vitally important. Street Smarts for Kids gives parents the concrete guidance they need to empower their children with essential safety skills.
Written by a veteran police detective who conducts safety workshops across the country, Street Smarts for Kids discusses the high-risk situations that all kids face as they grow up--from crossing the street or riding a bike to the possibility of abduction and sexual abuse. You'll find here age-specific, skill-sensitive coverage, including
- How to discuss dangers and crimes without raising fears
- First-aid basics every child should know
- How a "family code" can save your child's life
- When it's safe for a child to be home alone
- How to spot a pedophile--and what to do about it
- The facts about child abductors and the common ploys they use
- Rules of the "what if" game ("what if someone is following you home from school?" "What if you smelled smoke?") to impart critical safety information
And much more.
Grounded in common sense and filled with eye-opening insights, this is the safety manual that you--and your children--will rely on from the toddler years through adolescence. Remember: with preparedness comes peace of mind.
What people are saying - Write a review
Street smarts for kids: what parents must know to keep their children safeUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Dectective Bentz of the Kenosha, WI, Police Department and Allison, a children's writer, have compiled an outstanding tool for today's parents and caretakers concerning child safety. They cover topics ... Read full review