Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear attend believe better blessed body bring called cause Christ Christian Church comfort command consider continued death desire duty earth effect eternal evil eyes faith father fear feel friends give given God's grace hand happiness hear heart heaven holy hope hour Jesus keep labour lead leave light live look Lord Matt means mind nature never parents perhaps person poor pounds pray prayer prepared present produce promised reason received religion remember rest rich Saviour Scriptures seek sent shew shillings sins Society soul spirit sufferings sure taken tell thee things thou thought true truth unto whole wish young
482. oldal - Baptism doth represent unto us our profession ; which is, to follow the example of our Saviour Christ, and to be made like unto him ; that as he died, and rose again for us, so should we, who are baptized, die from sin, and rise again unto righteousness; continually mortifying all our evil and corrupt affections, and daily proceeding in all virtue and godliness of living.
434. oldal - Seek ye the Lord while He may be found ; call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts, and let him return unto the Lord and He will have mercy upon him, and to our God for He will abundantly pardon.
447. oldal - For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished; but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
229. oldal - Let us walk honestly, as in the day ; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
359. oldal - Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover. And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the basin...
503. oldal - Be not deceived ; God is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption ; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
359. oldal - By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season : esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt ; for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward.
191. oldal - I envy no quality of mind or intellect in others, be it genius, power, wit, or fancy ; but if I could choose what would be most delightful, and I believe most useful to me, I should prefer a firm religious belief to every other blessing ; for it makes life a discipline of goodness; creates new hopes when all earthly hopes vanish ; and throws over the decay, the destruction of existence^ the most gorgeous of all lights ; awakens life even in death, and from corruption and decay calls up beauty and...
69. oldal - And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God ; we have waited for him, and he will save us : this is the LORD ; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.