Fodor's Exploring San Francisco
- A lively, graphic, full-color guidebook to San Francisco.
- Color photography and archival and other illustrations throughout; zingy captions.
- Intelligent, opinionated writing by Mick Sinclair.
- Solid travel reportage on every region punctuated by lively sidebars on the earthquake of 1906, Jack London, the psychedelic era, and more.
- What to see and do, plus recommended walking and driving tours of the city's top attractions.
- Special rating system identifying not-to-be-missed sights.
- To-the-point reviews of dining and lodging.
- Key planning information.
- Over 15 detailed maps and plans.
- Comprehensive destination/topic index.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
My San Francisco
San Francisco Was 2 743
9 other sections not shown
1906 earthquake 19th-century Alcatraz American architecture area's Art Museum artists Asian bars Bay Area became Berkeley cable car cafes California Street campus Castro Chinatown Chinese Church city's Club coast coffee Columbus Avenue cuisine decorated Embarcadero exhibitions explore fare Financial District fire Fisherman's Wharf Franciscan galleries Gardens gay and lesbian Geary gold rush Golden Gate Bridge Golden Gate Park Grant Avenue Haight Street Haight-Ashbury Highway hippie historical House Italian Japantown major mansion Marin County Market Street Mason Center Mexican miles Mission District Monterey murals Napa neighborhood Nob Hill North Beach Oakland ocean offer Pacific Heights paintings panel Pier Plaza population Presidio restaurants rooms Russian Hill San Francisco Bay Sausalito shops SoMa Sonoma Spanish Spreckels Street Bus Street Buses Sutro Theater tourist tours Tower Union Square Union Street Valley Victorian views visitors walk wine wineries Yerba Buena