The Federalist Papers
A DOCUMENT THAT SHAPED A NATION
An authoritative analysis of the Constitution of the United States and an enduring classic of political philosophy.
Written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay, The Federalist Papers explain the complexities of a constitutional government—its political structure and principles based on the inherent rights of man. Scholars have long regarded this work as a milestone in political science and a classic of American political theory.
Based on the original McLean edition of 1788 and edited by noted historian Clinton Rossiter, this special edition includes:
● Textual notes and a select bibliography by Charles R. Kesler
● Table of contents with a brief précis of each essay
● Appendix with a copy of the Constitution cross-referenced to The Federalist Papers
● Index of Ideas that lists the major political concepts discussed
● Copies of The Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation
What people are saying - Write a review
federalist papersUser Review - bjtochesterhillsmi - Overstock.com
This is a must read considering the dangerous times we live in. Our government is moving a long way away from the Principles in The Federalist Papers. It is the responsibility of every American to ... Read full review
We Should All Read ThisUser Review - redlady77 - Overstock.com
If every American read this book they would have a much better understanding of our Constitution. Read full review