Ecoholic Home: The Greenest, Cleanest, Most Energy-Efficient Information Under One (Canadian) Roof
This highly anticipated follow-up to the massively successful Ecoholic focuses on the home as the mainstay of sustainable living.
Our resident Ecoholic comes to the rescue again, offering reminders and tips on how to keep your castle (however humble) clean, energy-efficient and healthy. We spend so much time at home — why not make it a sustainable haven instead of a polluting, off-gassing cesspool? Ecoholic Home addresses the green side of the economic crisis, and includes a resource guide for finding designers and contractors, and for renovating and shopping green.
• Cleaning: product comparisons, disposal reminders, laundry tips
• Cooking: avoiding Teflon, omitting Bisphenol A, reducing packaging
• Powering: green energy (solar and geothermal), bundling (Bullfrog)
• Maintaining: dehumidifiers, lighting options, ice removers
• Renovating: buying energy-efficient appliances, choosing environmentally friendly building materials, insulating your home
• Moving: LEED-certified homes, “greening” your first apartment
From the Trade Paperback edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
baby bamboo bedding biodegradable bottles brands building bulbs Canada Canadian Canadian Tire carbon carcinogenic carpet certiﬁed chemical chlorine clean cleaners clothes companies compost cool deﬁnitely dioxins dish dishwasher e-waste electricity electronics Energy Star Environmental ﬁbre ﬁlter ﬁnd ﬁnishes ﬁre ﬁreplace ﬁrst ﬂame ﬂooring floors foam formaldehyde fridge FSC-certiﬁed furniture garden green home greener greenhouse greenhouse gas Health Canada heat Home Depot hot water IKEA ingredients installed insulation iust keep label latex leach less light look manufacture mattresses municipality natural Ontario options paint PBDEs pellet stoves pesticides phthalates plastic pollutants polyurethane Rainforest Relief rebates recycled recycled content Resources Retroﬁt roof soap solar hot water solar panels spray stoves stuff sure thing toilet toxic trees triclosan veggies vinyl VOCs washing waste water heater wood wool