Operation and Modeling of the MOS Transistor
Operation and Modeling of the MOS Transistor has become a standard in academia and industry. Extensively revised and updated, the third edition of this highly acclaimed text provides a thorough treatment of the MOS transistor--the key element of modern microelectronic chips.
New to this edition:
* Energy bands and the energy barrier viewpoint are integrated into the discussion in a smooth, simple manner
* Expanded discussion of small-dimension effects, including velocity saturation, drain-induced barrier lowering, ballistic operation, polysilicon depletion, quantum effects, gate tunneling current, and gate-induced drain leakage
* Expanded discussion of small-signal modeling, including gate and substrate current modeling and flicker noise
* New chapter on substrate nonuniformity and structural effects, discussing transversal and lateral (halo) doping nonuniformity, stress and well proximity effects, and statistical variability
* A completely re-written chapter on modeling for circuit simulation, covering the considerations and pitfalls in the development of models for computer-aided design
* Extensively updated bibliography
* An accompanying website includes additional details not covered in the text, as well as model computer code
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.