The Consulting Process in Action
A how-to guide for consultants
Here is the accumulation of 35 years of work of two men who have helped shape the training and development field. Teachers, trainers, consultants, and continual learners themselves, the authors share their repertoire of concepts, strategies, and techniques.
The function of consultants is part of the role and function of all those who lead, direct, teach, or interact as friAnds and peers with others.
--Gordon and Ronald Lippitt, authors
The authors identify the six phases of almost any consultant-client working relationship:
* Engaging in initial contact and entry
* Formulating a contract and establishing a helping relationship
* Identifying problems through diagnostic analysis
* Setting goals and planning for action
* Taking action and cycling feedback
* Completing the contract
This book emphasizes the role of the consultant?internal or external?in an organizational setting. You'll learn to recognize the most appropriate, effective, and credible route to solving almost any consulting conundrum. You'll use every chart, checklist, and reference in this work to improve your own job performance.
* Recognize the phases in consulting
* Cope with ethical dilemmas
* Assess and evaluate your projects
* Consult in internation settings
* Facilitate change...and much more!
You might call yourself a consultant.
You might not. Regardless, you'll find yourself better equipped for any business interaction when you have this book at your side.
Table of contents:
* Consultation: An Expanding Process **Phases in Consulting **Interventions: Making Decisions and Ensuring Quality **Consultant Roles **Ethical Dilemmas and Value Guidelines **Designing Participative Learning **Diagnostic Analysis, Progress Assessment, and Evaluation **Examples of Consultation in Action **Guidelines for International Consulting **Skills, Competencies, and Professional Development **The Consultant as Change Facilitator **Implications for the Future of Consulting
37 pages matching external in this book
Results 1-3 of 37
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - paulsignorelli - LibraryThing
Ronald and Gordon Lipplitt's "The Consulting Process in Action" is justifiably recognized as one of the great books on consulting and is a wonderful source of inspiration for trainers who want to ... Read full review
Consultation An Expanding Process
Phases in Consulting
Interventions Making Decisions and Ensuring Quality
10 other sections not shown