- Written in easy-to-understand language and uses consistently familiar vocabulary to encourage reluctant readers.
- Fact boxes and sidebars highlight key information.
- Includes glossary, index, and resources list.
National Social Studies Standards, Grades 5-8
- Individual Development & Identity: IV
- Relate personal changes to social, cultural, and historical contexts
- Identify and describe ways regional, ethnic, and national cultures influence individuals' daily lives
- Production, Distribution, & Consumption: VII
- Explain and illustrate how values and beliefs influence different economic decisions
- Culture: I
- Explain and give examples of how language, literature, the arts, architecture, other artifacts, traditions, beliefs, values, and behaviors contribute to the development and transmission of culture
2 pages matching waist in this book
Results 1-2 of 2
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
American designers American popular culture American women athletes beautiful became popular began bell-bottom Boutiques allow brand names brightly colored Calvin Klein captured America's casual Celebrities chaperone clothing became clothing line Collecting pieces comfortable Corsets costumes created DECADES DENIM CRAZE department stores design collection Designers are finding Donna Karan dress elegant Elvis Elvis's embroidery European Styles everyday American fashion exciting famous fans fash Fashion and Sports Fashion Design Colleges Fashion Industry fashion models fashion world FASHIONABLE FUTURE Flapper future of fashion HELPED SPREAD High-end hip-hop hippie hourglass idea independent designers inspire fashion trends jeans Jennifer Lopez jumpsuits Kimora Lee layers of fabric look mainstream men's fashion movie outfits paisley pants Phat polyester poodle skirts popular styles Ready-to-wear clothes Reagan Sarah Hughes sell shoes silk Simmons simple black sneaker sportswear spotlight star stylish suits sunglasses teen fashion twentieth century updates waist wear WOMEN WORE worn York