COBOL for the 21st century, Volume 1
A hardy perennial!
Despite years of dire predictions, COBOL is still thriving. In fact, it's practically a perennial. New version of COBOL for PCs now enable you to use COBOL to develop interesting graphical user interfaces, create Web pages, and even incorporate components from other languages such as Visual Basic.
Now with COBOL FOR THE 21ST CENTURY, 10/E, you can take advantage of these exciting new developments and learn how to become a master COBOL programmer.
* Includes new integrated coverage of interactive programming.
* Shows how to design programs that area easy to read, debug, modify, and maintain.
* Covers information processing and systems concepts that will help you interact with users and systems analysts when designing programs.
* Introduces you to programming tools such as pseudocode and hierarchy charts that make program logic more structured, modular, and top-down.
* Presents useful techniques for maintaining and modifying older "legacy" programs.
* Includes a student CD containing all data for all programming assignments as well as the full Practice Program from each chapter.
81 pages matching END-IF in this book
Results 1-3 of 81
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
THE APPLICATIONS PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT PROCESS 4
Accompanying this text are a COBOL Syntax Reference Guide coding sheets
THE NATURE or COBOL
12 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
ADVANCING 2 LINES Alphanumeric AMT1 AMT2 ARE-THERE-MORE-RECORDS batch program blank called program characters COBOL program coded compiler Consider the following contain control break DATA DIVISION data-name debugging decimal point deﬁned disk ﬁle EBCDIC END MOVE END-IF END-READ END-PERFORM entries ENVIRONMENT DIVISION example executed Figure FILE SECTION ﬁrst hierarchy chart IDENTIFICATION DIVISION indexed master input record integer interactive programs INVALID KEY LINE SEQUENTIAL main module master file master record Micro Focus MORE-DATA nonnumeric literal OPEN INPUT option ORGANIZATION IS LINE output area P E R FO RM paragraph paragraph-name PERFORM PIC PIC PIC PIC X(5 PICTURE print or display PROCEDURE DIVISION processing PROGRAM-ID Programming Assignment pseudocode READ receiving ﬁeld RECORD KEY Record Layout RELATIVE KEY report-item SALARY screen sending ﬁeld sequence speciﬁed statement STOP RUN storage structured program syntax error TOTAL transaction record update WORKING-STORAGE SECTION WRITE PRINT-REC zero