'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
The ultimate guide to the best free things to do throughout England, Scotland and Wales includes author-recommended reviews and practical information on a wide-range of free options from museums to markets, galleries to guided walks, cathedrals to conversation centres and much more - all the essentials you need to help you explore Britain without spending a penny.
This guide has been created by Lonely Planet's dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in England, Scotland and Wales, finding the best free experiences and sharing practical and honest advice.
Inside Lonely Planet Recession-busting Britain: best free experiences
- Hundreds of free things to see and do in Britain
- Full colour styling and images
- A brilliant new page layout for fast and hassle-free reading while on the go
- Free experiences divided by region for ease of use, plus additional lists to suit individual interests such as art, history and family travel
- Includes London, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff, York, Leeds and much much more!
Special eBook enhancements:
- Comprehensive interlinking - to enable you to seamlessly flip between pages, jump between maps and reviews, or visit the websites of places we recommend
- Plus pinch and zoom images and maps - enabling you to zoom in for greater detail
- Search - go straight to what you are looking for with the inbuilt search capability
- Add notes, bookmark or use the inbuilt dictionary.
Written and researched by David Else, David Atkinson, Peter Dragicevich, Belinda Dixon, Joe Bindloss, Neil Wilson, Marc Di Duca, Oliver Berry, Etain O'Carroll, Fionn Davenport, Andy Symington and Catherine le Nevez.