Microscope Image Processing
Digital image processing, an integral part of microscopy, is increasingly important to the fields of medicine and scientific research. This book provides a unique one-stop reference on the theory, technique, and applications of this technology.
Written by leading experts in the field, this book presents a unique practical perspective of state-of-the-art microscope image processing and the development of specialized algorithms. It contains in-depth analysis of methods coupled with the results of specific real-world experiments. Microscope Image Processing covers image digitization and display, object measurement and classification, autofocusing, and structured illumination.
• Detailed descriptions of many leading-edge methods and algorithms
• In-depth analysis of the method and experimental results, taken from real-life examples
• Emphasis on computational and algorithmic aspects of microscope image processing
• Advanced material on geometric, morphological, and wavelet image processing, fluorescence, three-dimensional and time-lapse microscopy, microscope image enhancement, MultiSpectral imaging, and image data management
This book is of interest to all scientists, engineers, clinicians, post-graduate fellows, and graduate students working in the fields of biology, medicine, chemistry, pharmacology, and other related fields. Anyone who uses microscopes in their work and needs to understand the methodologies and capabilities of the latest digital image processing techniques will find this book invaluable.
* Presents a unique practical perspective of state-of-the-art microcope image processing and the development of specialized algorithms.
* Each chapter includes in-depth analysis of methods coupled with the results of specific real-world experiments.
* Co-edited by Kenneth R. Castleman, world-renowned pioneer in digital image processing and author of two seminal textbooks on the subject.
What people are saying - Write a review
Structured Illumination Imaging
Image Data and Workflow Management
Glossary of Microscope Image Processing Terms
Color Plate Section
Other editions - View all
3-D image algorithm applications approach autofocus function automated background boundary cells Chapter chromosomes classifier coefficients color components computed Confocal Confocal Microscopy contour ð Þ ¼ deconvolution defined detection digital image Digital Image Processing display distance edge estimate example FIGURE filter fluorescence microscopy fluorophore Fourier frequency Gaussian gradient gray level gray-level grayscale grid histogram IEEE Transactions illumination image analysis image fusion image segmentation implemented in-focus input image intensity interpolation iterative labeled light linear markers matrix measure medial axis methods Microscope Image Processing molecules morphological multiresolution multispectral noise nonlinear object operation optical section optical transfer function output parameters particles pattern photobleaching pixels plane point spread function reconstruction regions resolution sample SemanticType signal spatial specific specimen spectral image structuring element surface techniques threshold Tracking values vector voxels watershed algorithm watershed transform wavelength wavelet transform Wiener filter Þ¼