What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
18th century 22 Pfannenschmiedsgasse 53 Karolinen St Adam Krafft Albrecht Diirer Anselm Feuerbach antiquities artistic Arts and Technics Bavarian Industrial Museum Bayerischer beautiful berg bridge bronze building built carved castle choir Christ city-hall coats of arms collection corridor court-yard Director donation Durer Dutzendteich entrance erected figures Five-cornered Tower formerly fountain Gallery German Empire German National Museum Gothic style gratuity Hallerthor Heideloff High Altar Holy Holydays House Imhoff Josephsplatz Kaiser St King of Bavaria Konigs St Konrad Kulmbach latter Lawrence Lorenzer Ludwig magnificent Martin Behaim Maxfeld Monument Moritz Chapel Niirnberger Nurem Nuremberg old German open all day open daily Opposite paintings persons 50 Pfg Peter Henlein Peter Vischer Philipp Melanchthon picturesque Portrait Professor Wanderer pulpit renaissance style restaurant Royal School Sachs School of Arts sculptures Sebald Sebald's Church sexton sign and light so-called Solger splendid stair-case tomb town Tucher Veit Stoss Wenzel Jamnitzer window Winkler St Wittelsbach
Page 73 - Kunste voll. Dich, nimmer noch veraltet Du treue, fleiss'ge Stadt, Wo Diirer's Kraft gewaltet, Und Sachs gesungen hat.
Page 54 - Over the small door one reads; — ,,Eins manns red ist eine halbe red, man soil die teyl verhoren bed.
Page 65 - October to be from 8 am to 1 pm, and from 2 to 6 pm The hours on Saturdays to be from 8 am to 3 pm, with an interval of half.an-hour.
Page 70 - Pirkheimer (1440), Lazarus Spengler (1320), Wenzel Jamnitzer (664), Albrecht Diirer (649), Veit Stoss (268) and Konrad Griibel (200); then of others Ludwig Feuerbach, Anselm Feuerbach, Kreling etc.
Page 22 - Albrecht Diirer, the greatest German painter, his teacher, Michael Wohlgemut, the sculptor Adam...
Page 52 - Then a painting on wood by Hans von Kulmbach after a drawing by Diirer: St.
Page 15 - Wolff sen., workmaster of the town; 4. the Karls- and 5. the Derrerbriicke, the former built in 1728, the latter in 1486; between these two the Trodelmarkt, an original market for all kinds of second-hand goods; 6.