, Feb 22, 2010
- 896 pages
- Our expert authors, longtime residents in and frequent travelers to China, share their candid opinions on what's worth your time and what's?not.
- Frommer's China takes you from the Great Wall, to the terracotta warriors of Xi'an; from hidden Buddhist caves along the Silk Road to mystical mountains in the East. Plus, you'll have everything you need to enjoy a cosmopolitan adventure in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.
- Learn strategies for when to travel independently and when to travel with a tour group. Our extensive transportation information and author recommendations help get you off the beaten path.
- Detailed maps have Chinese characters, pinyin spelling, and English;?supplemental chapters list translations of hotels, restaurants, and points of interest.
- Extensive and invaluable supplemental language and dining chapters help make sense of Mandarin for the traveler. Plus, useful Chinese characters throughout the book?make navigating the country easier.