This comprehensive text is the perfect clinical resource, offering quick access to all of the information needed to
provide out-patient neurologic care. It focuses on the common and chronic problems that require long-term management, and provides step-by-step guidance on the decision-making process. Readers will find an expanded section on multiple sclerosis as well as updated and revised information in every section, including all of the latest studies and their results. Plus, a table at the beginning of each chapter summarizes the authors' approaches to diagnosis and management.
- Features contributions from more than 200 authors, representing a wide spectrum of specialists in neurology and related fields.
- Covers the major problems that any practicing neurologist might encounter, including those that may be rare.
- Presents a wealth of useful clinical information with enough comprehensive coverage on the difficult, long-term, and complicated disorders.
- Features an expanded section on multiple sclerosis, with in-depth discussions on the clinical issues surrounding the disease.
- Discusses the latest molecular genetic studies, including new information on the progressive ataxias Alzheimer's disease Huntington's disease mitochondrial disorders and familial stroke and headache syndromes.
- Reports on the results of recent clinical studies on asymptomatic carotid atherosclerosis and symptomatic carotid endarterectomy.
- Includes the latest methods for treating stroke seizures multiple sclerosis migraine Parkinson's disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Alzheimer's disease.
- Presents a summary table at the beginning of each chapter, highlighting the authors' approaches to various problems of diagnosis and management.