Contemporary Debates in Aesthetics and the Philosophy of Art
features pairs of newly commissioned essays by some of the leading theorists working in the field today.
- Brings together fresh debates on eleven of the most controversial issues in aesthetics and the philosophy of art
- Topics addressed include the nature of beauty, aesthetic experience, artistic value, and the nature of our emotional responses to art.
- Each question is treated by a pair of opposing essays written by eminent scholars, and especially commissioned for the volume.
- Lively debate format sharply defines the issues, and paves the way for further discussion.
- Will serve as an accessible introduction to the major topics in aesthetics, while also capturing the imagination of professional philosophers