Clinical Gastroenterology: A Practical Problem-Based Approach
A new edition of this respected Australian gastroenterology textbook
Completely updated, this comprehensive medical resource offers a practical, problem-based approach to the subject of clinical gastroenterology.
Containing specialist content from Australian and international contributors, Clinical Gastroenterology, 3rd Edition focuses on both common and uncommon gastroenterological problems as they present in clinical practice.
Building on the previous two editions, Clinical Gastroenterology features decision trees to assist clinicians in assessing patients and the treating digestive disorders.
This latest edition also includes clear medical illustrations suitable for patient education, along with summary tables highlighting key points to guide General Practitioners, gastroenterology specialist trainees and medical students
New to this edition
• each chapter commences with a case study and contains key point summaries at the end
• new chapters on inflammatory bowel disease; obesity and anti-obesity surgery; principles of anaesthesia for endoscopy and preparing patients for endoscopy; complications of endoscopy; liver transplant and end-stage liver disease
• expanded sections on pancreatic masses and cysts, and radiological evaluation including the place of cross-sectional imaging
• gastroenterological case studies and key point summaries in each chapter
• new chapters on gastroenterological and hepatological medical conditions, including inflammatory bowel disease, obesity and anti-obesity surgery, principles of anaesthesia for endoscopy and preparing patients for endoscopy, complications of endoscopy, liver transplant and end-stage liver disease
• an expanded section on pancreatic cysts and masses
• an expanded section on radiological evaluation including the place of cross-sectional imaging
What people are saying - Write a review
Chronic diarrhoea stools and fatty appetite andlossof Chapter 15 Inflammatory bowel disease
Faecal incontinence leakage of stool
Loss of weight
Food Chapter 19 Palpable asymptomatic abdominal allergiesand intolerance distension the groin andhernia masses Chapter 20Abdominal Chapter 21 ...
Jaundice and pruritus
Abnormal liver function test results
Vomiting blood black stools blood per rectum occult bleeding
Patient preparationand principlesof
Other editions - View all
Clinical Gastroenterology: A Practical Problem-based Approach
Nicholas Joseph Talley,Christopher J. Martin
No preview available - 2006