The Atlas of Global Conservation: Changes, Challenges and Opportunities to Make a Difference
Visually rich, up-to-date, and authoritative, The Atlas of Global Conservation is a premier resource for everyone concerned about the natural world. Drawing from the best data available, it is an unprecedented guide to the state of the planet and our most pressing resource and environmental issues. Top scientists at The Nature Conservancy, the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and water, have joined forces to create this extraordinary reference. It features 79 richly-detailed, fullcolor maps and other graphics paired with an informative, inviting discussion of major trends across the world's terrestrial, marine, and freshwater environments. Interspersed throughout, essays by noted international authorities point the way forward in confronting some of our greatest conservation challenges.
* The most comprehensive single volume on global environmental conservation and future sustainability
* Includes the latest data on environmental threats, such as climate change, water use, habitat protection, deforestation and overfishing
* Full-color maps and graphics are designed to facilitate sideby-side comparisons, empowering readers to draw their own conclusions
* Brings together information that has been widely dispersed across myriad publications and databases in a format thatinvites evaluation and application
* Supporting data is available on an accompanying website
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.