Herbs and Natural Supplements Inkling: An Evidence-Based Guide
A must-have health companion for herbalists, naturopaths, complementary medicine practitioners and students
Herbs and Natural Supplements, 3rd Edition: An evidence-based guide presents evidence-based information on the 130 most popular herbs, nutrients and food supplements used across Australia and New Zealand.
This exhaustive textbook is organised alphabetically by each herb or nutrient’s common name. Herbs and nutrients are then accompanied by critical information such as daily intake, main actions and indications, adverse reactions, contraindications and precautions, safety in pregnancy and more.
This new edition of Herbs and Natural Supplements has been expanded with new chapters on pregnancy and wellness.
It also features 10 new monographs for Arginine, Dunaliella, Elde, Goji, Pelargonium, Prebiotics, Red Yeast Rice, Rhodioloa, Shatavari and Taurine.
• provides current, evidence-based information on herbal, nutritional and food supplements used in Australia and New Zealand
• is user-friendly and easily organised by easy-to-find A-Z herbal monographs
• appendices offering important additional information for the safe use of herbal and nutritional supplements, including a list of poison information centres, associations, manufacturers and more
• offers clear, comprehensive tables including herb/natural supplement - drug interactions
• lists the pharmacological actions of all herbs and natural supplements
• a glossary of terms relevant to herbs and natural supplements
• two comprehensive new chapters: Herbs and Natural Supplements in Pregnancy and Introduction to Wellness
• all chapters completely updated and expanded
• ten new monographs taking the total to 130
• now also available as an eBook! A code inside Herbs and Natural Supplements, 3rd Edition: An evidence-based guide enables a full text download, allowing you to browse and search electronically, make notes and bookmarks in the electronic files and highlight material
What people are saying - Write a review
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION TO COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE
CHAPTER 2 INTRODUCTION TO HERBAL MEDICINE
CHAPTER 3 INTRODUCTION TO CLINICAL NUTRITION
CHAPTER 4 INTRODUCTION TO AROMATHERAPY
CHAPTER 5 INTRODUCTION TO FOOD AS MEDICINE
CHAPTER 6 INTRODUCTION TO THE PRACTICE OF INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE
CHAPTER 7 SAFETY OF COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES
CHAPTER 8 INTERACTIONS WITH HERBAL AND NATURAL MEDICINES
CHAPTER 12 INTRODUCTION TO WELLNESS
APPENDIX 1 GLOSSARY AND ABBREVIATIONS
APPENDIX 2 HERBNUTRIENTDRUG INTERACTIONS
APPENDIX 3 POISONS INFORMATION CENTRES
TRAINING MANUFACTURERS AND INFORMATION
APPENDIX 5 GUIDE TO THE SAFE USEOF COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES DURING THE PREOPERATIVE PERIOD
APPENDIX 6 CLINICAL USE AND SAFETY OF VITAMINS AND MINERALS