Weather and Climate: Decade by Decade
- A general foreword/introduction by a notable figure in each discipline
- One chapter for each decade, including its own introduction and conclusion
- A final conclusion that looks at likely trends in the 21st century
- Biographic sidebars of famous scientists
- Approximately 50 line illustrations and 50 photographs
- Chronologies of key events (Nobel Prizes, great discoveries, and more)
- Glossary, index, and other back matter.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
20th century Accessed March air mass aircraft American Meteorological Society areas atmo atmospheric scientists Available online aviation balloons Bergen School Bergeron Bjerknes’s Callendar carbon dioxide CFCs Charney climate change climate models climatology cloud CO2 levels cold continued cooling cycles cyclone decade determine Earth Earth’s surface El Niño emissions energy Geophysical glaciers global temperature global warming greenhouse gases Guy Stewart Callendar hurricane ice age ice cores ice crystals ice sheets Infobase Publishing IPCC Jacob Bjerknes Köppen launched Lorenz mathematics meteo meteorologists miles military nations needed Niño NOAA Norway nuclear numerical weather prediction observations Ocean ozone percent physics pilots polar front precipitation pressure problem radar rain Rossby satellite scientific solar radiation stations storms stratosphere supercooled techniques theory thunderstorms tion Tor Bergeron tropical U.S. Weather Bureau United upper-air Vilhelm Bjerknes warmer water vapor weather and climate weather forecasting wind World