Based on decades of research, it is now known that the most effective program for the reversal of chronic insomnia is called "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia" or CBT-I. However, this treatment is rarely available to the general public as CBT-I is usually only offered by specially-trained psychologists or as part of research studies. People using CBTI report improved sleep, often in as little as 2-3 weeks and maintain good sleep for years.
Sink into Sleep breaks CBT-I down into a step-by-step, easy format, allowing the reader to follow the same effective program that patients in the clinic do. Although Sink into Sleep is anchored in the science of sleep, the tone of the writing is reassuring and encouraging filled with first person accounts and easy to use worksheets.
Much, Much More Than a Workbook, Sink Into Sleep features:
- A chapter focused on men (often ignored by insomnia books)
- A chapter focused on women and their special sleep needs
- A chapter focused on sleep and medical conditions
- A chapter focused on sleep and anxiety or depression
- A chapter on the pros and cons of sleep medication
- An effective step-by-step guide to cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I)