Did Somebody Step on a Duck?: A Natural History of the Fart
This impolite, aromatic, and incredibly erudite flatulence compendium will astound you with:
• The recent discovery of the world’s oldest joke, a proverb from the Old Babylonian period, that turned out to be—that’s right, folks—a fart joke.
• A new reading of Emily Dickinson’s poetry that “reveals” the true meaning behind “They Have a Little Odor.”
• A harrowing account of Apollo astronauts getting inner-space gas from hydrogen bubbles in their drinking water on their way to the moon.
• The other Tiger Woods scandal—this one involving a mysterious cheek-squeak recorded while Tiger sized up an approach shot at the 2009 Buick Open.
• A scientist who built the world’s biggest whoopee cushion and lived to tell about it . . .
. . . and many more wacky but true tales from the fart historian who brought you the best-selling Who Cut the Cheese? and its combustible sequel, Blame It on the Dog. In this incomparable collection you’ll experience firsthand the Jungian implications of farting, the environmental import of “flatulence cards” in the carbon-offset market, and the brutally honest social commentary of a man whose office chair broadcasts his farts on Twitter. After reading this book you’ll proudly proclaim, “I fart, therefore I am.”
From the Trade Paperback edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
VVar of the Vhoopee VV hoppers
Butt Blasts Bring Down American Airliner
The Horn 0fPlenty Pootingl
The VVor1ds VVorst Fart Film?
The Earth Farts Back 11
The Worlds Funniest Fart
Out Damp Spot
The LowFart lIarsupial Diet
The Twain Shall Meet
Reality Bites Bubbles in a Bathtub
a Moose Let Loose?
Step Away from the Fart 1Iachine
The Princess of Passionate Gas
Straight Poop on the Yoop
The Vroorn in the Elephant
Vho Cut the Cheese?
Boys VV ill Be Boys
The Blame Game
Tiger Tees Qﬂ
They Have a Little Odor
Crepitation Vithout Representation
V ho Said Farts Are Green?
CanCan lIan with the Singing Can
Halitosis Hyped as Hippo Hot Air
Twenty Celebrity Farts
Let the Wind Blow Free
Other editions - View all
According American asked August blame blast blog blow bomb boys brainfart break wind British bubbles Buick Open Bush butt called Can-Can carbon dioxide comedy created Da Yoopers damp fart David Feherty deﬁnition Dutch oven early elephants emissions fans fart jokes fart machine fart noise ﬁgure ﬁlm ﬁnd ﬁnger ﬁrst ﬁt ﬁve Flatulence ﬂight funny gassy girl global warming greenhouse hippo humor Internet iPhone Jonas Brothers kangaroos kids Kris later laugh Le Petomane methane Metrocles moose movie named National night odor passed gas Petomane play Press problem reported Robert Yacko Sarah Silverman September Seth Rogen Sidoli smell Sophie sound sparrow fart stink stomach story Stratfor talk termite There's There’s Tiger Woods told Turd Blossom vuvuzela whoopee cushion wind go free word wrote Yoopers YouTube