Discipline Without Distress: 135 tools for raising caring, responsible children without time-out, spanking, punishment or bribery
Discipline that you and your child will feel good about!
At last, a positive discipline book that is chock-full of practical tips, strategies, skills, and ideas for parents of babies through teenagers, and tells you EXACTLY what to do “in the moment” for every type of behavior, from whining to web surfing.
Parents and children today face very different challenges from those faced by the previous generation. Today’s children play not only in the sandbox down the street, but also in the World Wide Web, which is too big and complex for parents to control and supervise. As young as age four, your children can contact the world, and the world can contact them. A strong bond between you and your child is critical in order for your child to regard you as their trusted advisor. Traditional discipline methods no longer work with today’s children, and they destroy your ability to influence your increasingly vulnerable children who need you as their lifeline! Spanking and time-outs do not work. You need new discipline tools!
Help your child gain:
· Strong communication skills for school, career, and relationship success.
· Healthy self-esteem, confidence, and greater emotional intelligence.
· Assertiveness, empathy, problem-solving, and anger-management skills.
· A respectful, loving connection with you!
You will gain:
· An end to resentment, frustration, anger, tears, and defiance in your parent-child relationship.
· Tools to respectfully handle most modern challenging parenting situations, including biting, hitting, tantrums, bedtimes, picky eating, chores, homework, sibling wars, smoking, “attitude,” and video/computer games.
· Help for controlling your anger “in the moment” during those trying times.
· A loving, respectful, teaching and fun connection with your child!
"Offers a wealth of ideas and suggestions for raising children without the use of punishment of any kind." Linda Adams, President and CEO of P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training and Gordon Training International
"The world is in desperate need of gentle, caring discipline techniques. Judy Arnall has created a wonderful, nurturing guide that all parents can benefit from."
Elizabeth Pantley, Author of The No-Cry Solution series of books.
"Parents always prefer to be loving but often don't know how. Arnall's book debunks all the old beliefs about discipline through painful measures such as punishment, consequences or bribes and provides far more effective and kind ways to raise well behaved and thriving children."
Naomi Aldort, Ph.D., Author of Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves
BONUS! 50-page quick reference tool guide included
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - LLLClevelandCtyFams - LibraryThing
Discipline that you and your child will feel good about! Spanking and Time-outs do NOT work. At last, a positive discipline book that is chockfull of practical tips, strategies, skills, and ideas for ... Read full review