Breastfeeding the Newborn: Clinical Strategies for Nurses
In the environment of short hospital stays, breastfeeding is an important concern to new mothers. They depend on nurses to deliver quality education and instruction in successful breastfeeding techniques. BREASTFEEDING THE NEWBORN: CLINICAL STRATEGIES FOR NURSES focuses on "what to do," rather than "what to know" about breastfeeding techniques, delivered in a highly personable and easy-to-read style. Real-life case studies, practical solutions, and insights help the nurse apply results of research to clinical practice.
* A logically organized and easy-to-read format, offering practical solutions and insights to the most common breastfeeding concerns. * Photographs and line drawings enhance the text, depicting relevant anatomy, physical assessment skills, positioning techniques, common and special breastfeeding holds, and pertinent equipment. * Special chapter on breastfeeding the unhealthy infant, Chapter 7, assists the nurse with guidelines for breastfeeding the preterm infant, the infant with cardiac problems, the neurologically compromised infant, and the infant with cranio-facial defects. * Priorities for Care boxes summarize the most salient breastfeeding recommendations in bullet-point format. * Research Highlight and Historical Highlight boxes summarize and critique selected research studies and show how the results are applied to clinical practice. * Clinical Scenario boxes offer real-life case studies that promote critical thinking and generate possible management strategies. * The comprehensive and useful appendices provide breastfeeding education, promotion, and support resources for both the professional and the breastfeeding client.
48 pages matching latch-on in this book
Results 1-3 of 48
What people are saying - Write a review
After readig this book I asked myself the following:
How to Lose Weight Fast ?
How to Lose Weight the Healthy Way?
Lose 35 lbs in 4 weeks ! I found one successful story on this blog
It inspired me with a real example!
Some excerpts from this blog:
- abdominal equipment care fitness exercise personal and
- abdominal equipment care fitness personal and exercise
- abdominal equipment care fitness personal exercise and
- abdominal equipment care personal and exercise fitness
- abdominal equipment care personal and fitness exercise
10 other sections not shown