A Guide to Learning Independently
Open University Press, 1998 - College student orientation - 293 pages
This new edition of A Guide to Learning Independently will empower you to develop the necessary skills to survive as an informed, independent, and versatile student in the 21st century. The book will help you to:
* Understand yourself and the ways in which you learn and study
* Plan and concentrate on your study commitments
* Adapt to independent study within a formal institution such as a university
* Formulate effective strategies for remembering information
* Use and evaluate research material
* Make the most of libraries and other sources of information available to you
* Understand and make the best use of lectures
* Participate confidently in discussion groups
* Develop and improve your writing
A Guide to Learning Independently will change the way you think about learning, and it will transform the ways in which you learn and study.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.