Health and Physical Education for Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS) Level 5 is a comprehensive new title written specifically for the Level 5 Physical, Personal and Social Learning strand of VELS, with links to the Interdisciplinary strand. It places a strong emphasis on skills and offers an approach that is practical, activity-based and engaging.
- Chapter openers detail the specific learning focus statements and standards covered in each chapter.
- Key terms are defined in contexts in the margins and collated in a comprehensive glossary at the end of the book.
- Visuals include high-quality, full-colour artwork, diagrams and photographs to illustrate and reinforce concepts.
- Scenarios, snapshots and case studies are included to highlight contexts and situations to which students can relate.
- Skillboosters offer a broad range of ideas for activities to cover each standard, which icons to draw attention to safety.
- E-learning activities incorporate all ICT requirements and weblinks, taking students to informative and interactive websites.
- Check and challenge questions are included at regular stages to test students' knowledge and understanding.
Health and Physical Education for VELS Level 5 Worksheets, a separate but complementary text, contains photocopiable worksheets that provide additional activities for class work, homework, group work or research task.