The Golden Country: Australia's Changing Identity
• Written in an accessible and engaging style, The Golden Country confronts outdated notions of Australian identity and explores Australia’s history of migration
• Tim Watts applies his experiences as the MP of a culturally diverse electorate to explore the building blocks of Australian national identity from federation to our current cultural climate
• Watts argues for Australia's parliaments and company directorships to reflect the make-up of our communities
• A surprising and absorbing new work from one of Australia’s most dynamic, young and progressive thinkers, The Golden Country is for fans of Judith Brett’s From Secret Ballot to Democracy Sausage and David Horne’s The Lucky Country
• Publicity campaign will include author interviews on TV programs such as the Project and the Drum, radio interviews across Australia. Extracts to be placed with major online and print publications, such as the Weekend Australian and Guardian. Review coverage in broadsheet newspapers across Australia and New Zealand including The Age, SMH, Advertiser, and NZ Herald. Author to be the guest of 2020 Writers Festivals.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.