The #1 annually updated text in internal medicine -- trusted, authoritative, and essential to daily practice
CMDT delivers the most current insights into signs, symptoms, epidemiology, etiology, and treatment for over 1,000 diseases and disorders. Turn to any topic, and you'll find on-the-spot, evidence-based answers that reflect the most recent developments in diagnosis and treatment. This concise, authoritative reference gets you up to speed--fast--on the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, cost-effective treatments, and more.
Putting you and the experts on the same page:
- Comprehensive coverage of inpatient and outpatient care, focusing on the diagnostic tools relevant to your day-to-day practice.
- Full review of all primary care topics, including gynecology, obstetrics, dermatology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, psychiatry, neurology, toxicology, and urology.
- Only text with an annual review of advances in HIV treatment.
- Essentials of Diagnosis for most diseases/disorders.
- Hundreds of quick-access drug treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated drug prices.
- ICD codes featured on inside covers.
- Diagnostic and treatment algorithms present important information in an at-a-glance style.
- Up-to-date references provide peer-reviewed, evidence-based information
New to this edition:
- Color insert expanded to 16 pages.
- Latest developments in HIV infection, including new drugs, recommended treatment regimens, and antiretroviral drug resistance.
- All new chapter on hemostasis and antithrombotic therapy.
- Completely revamped End of Life Chapter, now called Palliative Care And Pain Management to reflect its new emphasis.
- Sections on asthma (includes 2007 NAEPP guidelines) and palpitations.
- More algorithms throughout and increased coverage of Canadian and International Guidelines