Not since it first published in 1858 has Gray's Anatomy introduced so much innovation to the world of anatomical references. A team of renowned clinicians, anatomists, and basic scientists have radically transformed this classic resource to incorporate all of the newest anatomical knowledge...reorganized it by body region to parallel clinical practice...and added many new surface anatomy, radiologic anatomy, and microanatomy images to complement the exquisite artwork that the book is known for. In addition, a new, multimedia package enables users to consult the printed book...access a dynamic, continuously updated web site...or explore a CD-ROM containing all of the book's images plus 9 fully rotatable, strippable anatomical models. Although there are now many books called "Gray's Anatomy," only this 39th Edition carries on the true lineage of the original text. And, only this 39th Edition delivers so much pragmatic, clinically indispensable information. The result is, once again, the world's definitive source on human anatomy.
- A new organization-by body region, rather than by organ system-parallels the way physicians approach patients.
- A new clinical emphasis ensures relevance to everyday practice.
- Updates reflect the very latest understanding of the pelvic floor · the inner ear · the peritoneum · preimplantation embryology · assisted fertilization · smooth and cardiac muscle · wrist kinematics and kinetics · the temporomandiŽbular joint · blood supply to the muscles and skin · topographical, clinico-pathological, and functional anatomy · cross-sectional and endoscopic imaging · the spread of infection along fascial planes · anatomical landmarks that facilitate differential diagnosis · key anatomical variants throughout the body · and many other crucial areas.
- Almost 400 new illustrations nearly 2,000 in all, over half of them in full color-depict all structures with optimal clarity, includŽing surface anatomy, radiologic anatomy, and microanatomy.
- A new, multimedia package enables users to consult the printed book...access a dynamic, continuously updated web site...or explore a CD-ROM containing all of the book's images plus 9 fully rotatable, strippable anatomical models.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.