Key Concepts in Urban Studies
The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding.
Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
Key Concepts in Urban Studies:
• Clearly and concisely explains the basic ideas in the interdisciplinary field of urban studies
• Offers concise discussions of concepts ranging from community, neighbourhood, and the city to globalization, the New Urbanism, feminine space, and urban problems
• Constitutes a re-examination of the key ideas in the field
• Is illustrated throughout with international examples
• Provides an essential reference guide for all students and teachers across the urban disciplines within sociology, political science, planning and geography.
What people are saying - Write a review
the long history of Frances relationship with its former colonies
For researchers of immigration from rural to urban areas and
transfer wealth across spatial boundaries This kind of public
Finally US cities in particular have been