, Nov 6, 2012
- 480 pages
- Insider advice on navigating Peru’s stunning natural and cultural attractions, like witnessing giant condors soar through the Colca Canyon, trekking through the Amazon jungle, exploring Cusco’s lively Mercado Central, and, of course, hiking the Inca trail to the gates of Machu Picchu.
- Where to find the most charming villages of the Sacred Valley, the best place to surf along Peru’s Pacific Coast, and an hotel carved out of a converted monastery. Our author shares his picks on where to kick back and enjoy a pisco sour, shop for the most exquisite Andean textiles, and enjoy Lima’s tastiest ceviche.
- Insightful commentary on the most compelling aspects of Peruvian culture, language tips, and sustainable travel solutions.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.