, Dec 26, 2012
- 736 pages
- Free full-color, foldout map
- Insider advice on avoiding the crowds as you hit up the hottest spots in Miami, from the nightclubs of South Beach to the trendy restaurants in the Design District. There are also helpful tips on how to best see the state's natural beauty, from the sugar-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast to the swampy Everglades and from the chilled-out Florida Keys to incredible scuba diving on the Treasure Coast. Plus tips on where to find the best beaches, nature reserves, golf, boating, swimming, snorkeling, and diving spots in the state.
- Where to find the absolute best seafood in the state from rustic fish camps in Jacksonville to fine dining in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and more. Plus tips on where to find the most authentic Cuban food in Miami and the best places for sunset cocktails in Palm Beach and Key West.
- Insightful commentary on Florida's history and culture, from Ponce de Leon's discovery of historic St. Augustine to the birth of tourism in Tampa Bay during the Gilded Age and from space exploration in Cape Canaveral to Ernest Hemingway's residency on Key West.
- Tips for family-friendly activities, from how best to approach Orlando's Walt Disney World and Universal Studios to exploring some of Miami's kid-friendly museums and zoos. Tips on where to swim with manatees, wrangle an alligator, learn about nature, and drive a racecar (in Daytona).
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.