, Mar 17, 2014
- 352 pages
- Insider advice on visiting rugged wilderness preserves, sleepy beach towns, and spectacular Mayan ruins. There are adventures here to suit all interests: swooping from treetop platform to treetop platform on a canopy tour, taking a dip in a jungle swimming hole, spotting playful spider monkeys as you hike through lush foliage, or snorkeling at Shark-Ray Alley.
- Where to find some of the country's oldest--and most amazing--Mayan ruins, including Tikal and Caracol.
- Insightful commentary on Belize's culture and history, plus a dedicated guide to outdoor activities and wildlife.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.