Highly Commended at the British Medical Association Book Awards 2016
The Treatment of Epilepsy
, fourth edition, is a comprehensive reference and clinical guide to the pharmacological, medical and surgical options available in the treatment of epilepsy.
- The text is compiled by a group of internationally renowned editors and contributors and is now in full color and extensively illustrated
- The first two sections cover the background to, and principles of, treatment in different clinical situations
- Section three comprises a series of systematic reviews of contemporary drug therapy, devoting one chapter to each anti-epileptic drug and covering all clinically-relevant aspects
- Section four focuses on the surgical options, devoting individual chapters to each of the modalities of presurgical assessment and to each surgical operation or approach
- This 4th edition is extensively revised incorporating the many recent developments in therapy, and comprises 81 chapters from world experts from 18 countries