Exploring Phuket & Phi Phi: From Tin to Tourism
"Exploring Phuket & Phi Phi" is a fresh, frank, and colorful look at two of Thailand's most popular tourist destinations. In spite of rising prices and overdevelopment much of this former paradise remains natural and delightful. This guide takes the independent traveler on a tour of the islands' history and natural attractions as well as pointing the way to the best places to stay--from charming huts on secluded beaches to swank villas with infinity pools. Detailed maps, color photos, and an engaging insightful text make this post-tsunami guide an indispensable companion for anyone visiting or thinking of visiting these islands.
- Behind the hype of Thailand's most popular tourist destination
- The history of Phuket: from early European navigators to Chinese tycoons
- Detailed information about the beaches, national parks, temples, and cultural attractions
- Where to enjoy diving, kayaking, and other aquatic activities
- The best of the islands' accommodation and restaurants
- 300 color photos and 20 maps
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.