Tackling a host of myths and prejudices commonly leveled at atheism, this captivating volume bursts with sparkling, eloquent arguments on every page. The authors rebut claims that range from atheism being just another religion to the alleged atrocities committed in its name.
- An accessible yet scholarly commentary on hot-button issues in the debate over religious belief
- Teaches critical thinking skills through detailed, rational argument
- Objectively considers each myth on its merits
- Includes a history of atheism and its advocates, an appendix detailing atheist organizations, and an extensive bibliography
- Explains the differences between atheism and related concepts such as agnosticism and naturalism