This IBM® RedpaperTM publication is a comprehensive guide that covers the IBM Power SystemsTM LC921 and LC922 (9006-12P and 9006-22P)) servers that use the current IBM POWER9TM processor-based technology and supports Linux operating systems (OSes). The objective of this paper is to introduce the offerings and their capacities and available features.
These new Linux scale-out systems provide differentiated performance, scalability, and low acquisition cost, and include the following features:
- Superior throughput and performance for high-value Linux workloads.
- Low acquisition cost through system optimization (industry-standard memory and industry-standard three-year warranty).
- Rich I/O options in the system unit. There are 12 large form factor (LFF)/small form factor (SFF) bays for 12 SAS/SATA hard disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs), and four bays that are available for Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Gen3 adapters.
- Includes Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 Nuvoton NPCT650ABAWX through I2C (for secure boot and trusted boot).
- Integrated MicroSemi PM8069 SAS/SATA 16-port Internal Storage Controller Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) 3.0 x8 with RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 support (no write cache).
- Integrated Intel XL710 Quad Port 10 GBase-T PCIe 3.0 x8 UIO built-in local area network (LAN) (one shared management port).
- Dedicated 1 Gb Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) port.
This publication is for professionals who want to acquire a better understanding of IBM Power Systems products. The intended audience includes:
- Sales and marketing professionals
- Technical support professionals
- IBM Business Partners
- Independent software vendors (ISVs)